Celebration

Life is so short and full of different surprises that we have to celebrate every single moment when we can. We have to also celebrate each other, our time which we spend together is so limited.  With who would you celebrate today? Forget on the isolation and lets pretend in head to go and celebrate it with this person. 


 So this card was made for another Altenew's course called Celebration stencil techniques. Yes it's all about celebration today. When I was buying staff for this courses this hydrangea was the only stencil I was able to get from Aletnew in Slovenia. I know that I can make it by myself with some cut die, mandala die would be very nice for that too. But I bought this one and wanted to use it.


First I tried to use this stencil with some texture paste and then I colored it with Distress inks. It come out ok, but because I wasn't able to put in totally even level the paste I wasn't very satisfied with outcome.
So I decides to leave the paste and just color the paper with Distress inks. I use tree different colors, and then add also some of pink. Even hydrangea is not always only in one color, it depends how much minerals it have in the soil. So that came out much much better and I thought that is so nice, that everything I will put on will destroy the beauty of the flowers. So I decided to use only velum with sentiment "Today I celebrate you". For some shine I use Wink of Stella marker with clear glitter and add it only in the middle of the flowers.

I love this card, is simple but so nice. What do you think? And tell me with who would you celebrate today?

Thank you for stopping by and see you next time.

Roteja

Comments

  1. I like the multiple colours of inks used, looks pretty!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also think that gives a little different look. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment