New year, new beginnings

New year is a good start for new things and new beginnings. So this year I decided to follow 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and their challenges for making Christmas cards.

So I also decided to start blogging. Not only because of the challenges. I had the idea of blog in my head for a long time already and obviously now is the right time. I will share not only CCT challenges, but also my other crafts.

But why this? I love Christmas every year more and more. Love how we decorate our homes with Christmas tree and put the lights on to make this days even more special. Love that we get together with family and friends. Of course I also love baking some special cookies and cooking special meals. It's also nice on the days before Christmas when I opened the mail box and find some greeting cards inside. Feels like life stops for a little. Love the magic of this season.
With this challenge I can have a little bit of this magic through the whole year.

There is my card for second week of this year.



The theme were colors, white, yellow and brown. I decided to use yellow shimmer paper for base, white to cut out the wreath with stars and use stamp with brown ink. For a little extra dimension I add some more stars, some of them are a little lifted up.


 


Comments

  1. I love your starry wreath Roteja and it's a great use of the challenge colours.

    I love your description of the Christmas season :) Blogging is a lovely thing to do I think and there's a friendly bunch of crafters in Blogland! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vicky, thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love your starry wreath!
    Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Majda, thank you for your king words. I will try to keep on going and make all the cards. I did first challenge too, but didn't have time to publish them till deadline. I will now :)

      Delete

Post a Comment